We had a fun birthday party for my kids and they are obsessed with Mickey and Minnie Mouse so we themed it up Disney style. I bought a lot of the decorations at Target, but when it came to buying all the kiddies Mickey Mouse ears I stopped because they were charging a bit more than my budget could handle. I figured I could make my own for much cheaper and create a fun activity for the kids to do at the party. Read further to find out how to make your own....
All you need to make mouse ears are a few simple things that can all be found at your local Target or Walmart.
- Poster paper (the bendable type)
- head bands
- a red cup or other cup to make circles with
- stapler or tape
Follow the steps below:
1) make circles on the poster paper using your red cup as a guide, but you should make them an inch or two away from the edge.
2) Draw 2 lines about an inch apart from each other from the circle to the edge of the paper.
3) Cut out the shape you drew.
4) Make enough for two ears on each headband.
5) Staple or tape the shapes onto the headbands to make the ears. (I used a stapler because I felt they would stay better that way.) Make sure you put two on each headband!
6) Continue doing this for all the headbands. (I made baby ears for my niece by using the opposite end of the red cup, which makes a smaller circle.)
7) Let the kids have fun and get creative. You can use markers, crayons, paint, glitter, or puffy paint to decorate them. We used washable paint because my daughter requested it, but I probably would have rather used markers because it takes a while for them to dry. Luckily we had some extra plastic grocery bags we put them in for the kids to take home so they wouldn't get paint all over their parent's car!